Today's home security options are getting more advanced by the day. Even so, it doesn't take much to forget to perform basic security duties like arming your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you never had to remember doing these things again? With geofencing in Buffalo, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Buffalo For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter around your property, which you can customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components utilize to interact with one another. The technology assists your home security by grouping all components onto a single network. You can draw a virtual “fence” around your home and assign particular actions as you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you exit your driveway, you may set your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the technologies you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home security system in Buffalo. With the security app, you can do a lot with home automation. Just tap a button, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera notices abnormal activity in the yard.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set the security system as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Buffalo
Whether you seek extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (716) 219-8231 or submit the form below to get started on your ideal security system.